Thursday, November 12, 2009

Have I changed??

Noticed how I usually start my posts apologizing for my absence and then I end the first few lines saying that I'll be more regular?? Whom do I apologise to?? No one comes to me and says, "hey, what happened?? Long time no post??" So none of all that this time...I have changed!!!

I used to be a simple, non-adventurous, I-stay-home-on-weekends kinda guy. But all of a sudden since the last 6-7 months, my weekends have been getting over in a blink. Its been like so much stuff n so little time to do. Yeah, its mostly due to the company of friends I have got now. But for my parents, its like a whole new Kartik they are seeing. So for them.... I have changed...

Earlier even on holidays and long weekends, staying at home, sleeping, and watching TV used to be on my to-do list. Maybe a movie or two thrown in here and there. But since November 2008, I have been on 9 or 10 trips!!! And one that I call "THE RIDE OF MY LIFE", a 2000 KM bike ride across himalayas, which was totally Adventurous. A very close friend of mine, after seeing my pics from the ride said, "Kartik Badal gaya hai (Kartik has changed!!!) ".... I have changed!!!

I was a shy, introvert and stay-within-myself guy until not so long ago. Singing in public, let alone speaking, was one of the biggeest fears. But now...none of that whatsoever. Whats the point of having a talent and not showing it off. And yes, I used to be modest too... I have changed...!!!

Talking to girls wasnt my cup of tea. Thats absolutely true (this line is for the girls who know me now :P)!! I used to shy away from doing so. In school, mostly the talk used to be limited to course work. But now...ask the girls who know the "present" me....their numbers are.... ;)
So I have changed...!!

There are a lot of things which didnt change and I am happy that way and there are a few which I would like to change, but all in all this is the way I am and you'll have to bear with it..

PS: I normally try to be funny in my post and to some extent succeed. But this time there is no fun element.. Why??? coz I have changed!!!

4 comments:

sowmya said...

change is always good :)

Anonymous said...

Oh..! Change is progressive.. but it should move more towards humour.. you can also try sarcasm...!

Anonymous said...

badlaaw zindagi ke liye acchha hota hai..
so be happy ..
accha ho ya bura...
karthik badal gaya hai...!!!!lol


hope to read more of u..!!!

Kartik said...

@Celine - First of all.. Do i know you?
and if I dont, its good to see someone I dont know following my blog :)

and BTW its Kartik.. I am without-an-h and hence the name of the blog :)