Sunday, July 20, 2008

Useless Post!!!

Another Sunday and am in the office again.. I think the company head whom i spoke about in my previous post read my blog and made sure that I came to office on this Sunday too.. I guess "Fun on Weekday" part didn't go down too well with him.. and to top that he too came to office today, maybe to check whether i really work on sundays... Arey bhai, seedhi si baat hai.. Jo banda weekday pe kaam nahi karta, woh sunday ko karega kya?

The thing is I have been coming to office on Sundays to conduct CAD tests for candidates for a position that is open in my team. Today has been a special case, as the guy coming for the test happens to be from Noida and yours truly had no choice but to bring him to office. And the best part is that the guys have to slog their backsides off to finish the test in a stipulated time when I sit next to them and blog my way to glory!!! :D

Genius, as they say (i still havent figured out who they are but mind you, they do say a lot of things), is 90% perspiration and 10% inspiration. So, the other day i was reading a blog of a friend's friend, she had written about time travel, wormholes, and an interesting phenomena called grandfather's paradox, and also about "portkey". This word took me back to the time when i was reading Harry Potter. So i thought what if i had certain interesting stuff from the magical world and started thinking about how i would use them. Lets see, (i am not going to explain what is what - I have posted links for those interested)

Portkey: With this I would not have to spend anything for travelling. I would be content even if it worked only for travel between Noida and Gurgaon (which i do each "working" day, sometimes on sundays too) .

Floo Powder/Network: Same purpose as that of the portkey, but at an additional cost of constructing fireplaces near my workstation and in my home(wonder if my house-owner will let me do that).

Pensieve: This would be of a lot of help for blogging. Taking a look at any memory at any time without having to put too much on the brain wud be so much fun. I will not have to rack my brain to find topics to blog about. Writing anecdotes would be so easy. I am sure other bloggers will agree.

Marauder's Map: This would be so useful in the office. I can know beforehand as to when the nose-poking head is going to poke his nose ;).

Invisibility Cloak: Need I say more..........

There are loads of other magical things which can be put to different uses..I would appreciate if readers comment on other stuff.

By now you all must've guessed how much I crib about travelling to Gurgaon everyday. Had it not been for the carpool (a dedicated post on this..for sure), i would've lost it by now....completely. Driving is one thing i used to enjoy, i still do, but the sheer mind-numbing number of cars on the road takes away all the charm. There is no point in crying more about stuff that is not going to change, so its better to stop here.
________________________________________________________________
Just had a conversation with colleague(he is in the office too) who lives in Gurgaon and had been going to Noida over the past week for some training,

Me: Aur bhai, kaafi din baad dikha.. kaisi rahi training??

Colleague (sans his usual cheerful face and sounding a bit low) : Theek hi thi..

Me: Itna dukhi kyun hai??

Colleague: Kya bataoon, Noida Jaane mein halat kharab ho gayi hai... 1 week mein hi.

Me: Usmein kya hai... mujhe dekh, main to roz jaata hoon..

And there he was laughing out loud at my Kismat. :(
_______________________________________________________________

To sum it up, another sunday gone by and another totally useless post.

3 comments:

sowmya said...

Travelling to work and back is the most tedious part of the day!!! Thank God I don't get to see the terrible traffic. THREE CHEERS to the MRT!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful it would be if these magical transport systems happen in real... well i do think magical cars and motorcycles are possible...)

Kartik said...

yeah true.. i had thought of adding them to the list too.. but if one had portkeys n floo network, then magic cars n bikes ki kya zaroorat..? (i guess for the driving enthusiasts)