Tuesday, January 26, 2010

All that Jazz....

First post of 2010.

Yeah, Happy New Year and all that jazz!! I dont know why but sending countless mails (starting with Dear all), innumerable SMSes and Greetings is not my thing. So for all those whom I didnt wish a Happy New Year, I did just that in the first line (not that they'll read this post or something, but still..).

Looking back at 2009, it hasnt been a bad year at all. Yeah, not at all. Cant recollect a single event or happening that made me sad. I did so much of all that I love to do and I wanted to do, I think a lot of people dont do that in their lifetime. What all happened with me?? read on:

  1. I almost got laid off - Only to be picked up before I got laid off, that too at a higher pay
  2. Went on THE RIDE of MY LIFE - Have kept and will keep talking about it!!!
  3. Reunited with long lost friends - Time has gained pace since.
  4. Also met school buddies, and I was the tallest among them - Known me since 10 years??? and you know what am saying.
  5. Made new friends - Increase in the diameter of the social circle is directly proportional to the increase in Fun.
  6. Travelled - Agra, Bhubaneshwar, Puri, Konark, Mysore, Bangalore, Dalhousie, Amritsar, Rishikesh, Haridwar, Shimla, Manali, Ranthambore, Spiti Valley to name a few places visited.
  7. Movies and loads of them - From the biggest hits to the collossal disappointments. Almost like a movie a week and sometimes 2 or 3 movies a week.
  8. Watched Sholay @ PVR - Since its SHOLAY it needs a special numbered topic of its own. And watching it on the big screen is a significant achievement. Period.
  9. Started working out - Made a resolution and stuck to it. Proud of myself.
  10. Bought a House - Have a Housing Loan on my name
  11. Ate and ate - Never in a year I have had so much food. I mean who goes to Amritsar from Dalhousie (it takes 5-6 hours) just to have Kulchas???
  12. Didnt do a lot of stuff I wanted to - didnt learn to play guitar, didnt fall in love, didnt go to Goa, and there is a lot more.

Well, not a bad year, wasnt it?? 2010 seems promising, so just seeing it unfold day by day is exciting. So here's wishing this Year brings loads of luck, happiness and excitement in our lives and all that jazz.....

10 comments:

Isha said...

Learn to play guitar!
Do fall in love!
DO NOT go to Goa! :P


ummmm... wish you more excitements for 2010 ;)!!

Imran said...

Guitar bhi seekh le aur bajana bhi ;)...
Goa seems to be a gud meeting point in between Delhi n Bangalore.
Accha hua McLeodganj n Spiti ki saari jagah mention nahi ki, alag post likhna padta...
2009 was nice, but its gonna just get better now... cheers!

Sravanthi said...

Learn to play Guitar.. play it in Goa.. love will happen automatically ;)

Wah!! I just mapped out ur 2010. What are friends for right :P

Just ensure ur Christin can at least eat egg.. LOL.

BTW.. u forgot to add "became a streetie" ;)

Anonymous said...

you forgot something - ir/regular blogging :)

Kartik said...

@Isha - thanks but Why not Goa??

@Imran - Bajana bhi ;)..LOL.. yeah its only gonna get better :)

@Srav - What story u came up with!! Christine milegi to Takiye pe baithke wapas aana padega.. :D

@Aakriti - hmm.. 16 Post in a year.. not very good..

Isha said...

not before me!!! :D ;)

manya said...

that is such an impressive list! especially the places visited. I think mine would be so much smaller. I need to gear up this year!
And that work-out thing....well i almost know you for 10 years now and I can't imagine you working out.

Unknown said...

@Manya - hey good to see ur comment.. and why can u imagine me working out??

Aryan said...

All I can seem to remember from the "2009 experience" (as I like to call it) is that I lost my job, and with it many dreams and aspirations. Searching for a work (ANY kind of work) became increasingly difficult until the month of December when "someone" (my boss, now) out of the blue gives me a call and says he wants me on-board as a 'Photographs'; seems like he really LOVED my photographs (in his own words).

Let's see what THIS year has in store. :)

-Aryan

Kartik said...

@aryan - goin thru the comment i just remembered... Spiti Happened for u n for me in the same year!! Cheers to that mate :)